Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit Form with Back Button 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

noslo

Programmer
Dec 10, 2001
US
Hello All,

I am fairly new to FrontPage 2002.

How do you set up FrontPage to allow someone who has completed an order form, noticed an error on the confirmation page to go back and edit the original data?

Currently, when the user hits "edit data" from the confirmation page, it takes them back to a blank form. How do you display the data entered originally?

I appreciate the help.

Not sure if your new to web development/design so sorry if this information you know already. The problem with HTML is that it has no way or storing information so basically when someone clicks edit data they are actually going to a new page. That being said the only way to correct this is with another language that can store the values. But you could try this.

<input type=button value=&quot;edit data&quot;
onClick=&quot;history.go(-1)&quot;>

This calls the browsers history and sends it back one just like if someone clicked the back button. The data should be there. AJ
I would lose my head if it wasn't attached. [roll1]

Thanks for the posting, I am new to Web Design. I will give it a try.

I appreciate the help.

Helen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back