Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamically Updating text on a page

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDufus

Technical User
Oct 9, 2001
US
Is there a way in Dreamweaver for a web page to "read" the contents of a separate text file, and display the contents dynamically on a web page as hyperlinks?
I'm creating a web page that needs to have the contents updated by a non-technical user, who would not be using Dreamweaver. The contents would be text, and hyperlinked text. I was thinking that the ideal solution would involve the user updating and adding text and hyperlink information to a simple text document. The web page would "read" this document, and display the text (and hyperlinks) on the web page dynamically.
I'm looking for a solution that does not involve any kind of web server involvement, and hopefully a feature or extension that is built into Dreamweaver. Thanks for your help!
-King Dufus

To do something like that you are going to have to use something like ASP to build your pages. You can try DW server side includes but no matter what you do it will have to have web server interaction.

Ultimately what you are trying to do is a coding thing not a DW thing. Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back