Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DV Capture - dropping frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

lange74

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
Using Premiere to capture DV on to my Sony VIAO (ATI video card upgrade) from a Sony TRV 27. Premiere starts out capturing fine but after a while starts dropping frames, even though the original video is fine. What causes this? Is there a fix? Should I put back in the original Sony video card? Should I capture using the video software that came with the computer?

lange74,

I believe dropped frames during capture can indicate a discrepancy between the Capture Settings you've defined in Premiere and the specifications of your camera. Before you put the upgraded video card in, was your old video card able to capture without dropping frames? You're capturing with a firewire, right?

Eric V

I never tried, I immediately put in the new card because it had an analog video out slot the original card didn't have. The dropped frames don't start immediately...it's not until around 10,000 frames (except for the occasional frame or so) but then it really starts dropping them.

Yep, Firewire capture, sony computer, sony camcorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back