Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

melissaa

Technical User
Nov 1, 2003
US
Recently i got DSL ever since i got this DSL im unable to play games in yahoo or any other site for that matter - When i try and play a game i get a blank screen with a little box up in the upper left hand corner and within that box is 3 more little boxs colors in the box are blue red and balck - i was able to play games fine untill i got the DSL anyone have any ideas ? thanks [peace]

Sorry for the stupid question but what kind of dsl you have?

PPPoA or PPPoE?

The "3 little colors in a box" that you are seeing is a symbol of ActiveX.

You will usually see this symbol for one of these reasons:
1) You installed a firewall that is blocking ActiveX scripts
2) You disabled ActiveX in your browser
3) You are using a custom browser supplied with your ISP that is blocking ActiveX

There are other possibilities as well. Post back with the following information:

1) ISP (i.e. SBC, Earthlink, etc)
2) Operating System (i.e. Windows XP, Windows 98, etc)
3) Whether you installed a firewall, router, or hub
4) Whether you are sharing this connection with another PC
5) Type of browser you are using

~cdogg
[tab]"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"
[tab][tab]- A. Einstein

ISP earthlink win98 SE firewall = none not sharing a connection and im useing IE 6.0

Alright, try this first:

- In IE, go to Tools->Internet Options->Security, make sure Internet is highlighted and click the "default" button in the lower right. Hit OK and try playing another game.

- If that doesn't work, go back to Internet Options->Privacy and slide the notch all the way down to "Accept all cookies". Hit OK and give it another shot.

Besides the DSL connection program, if you didn't install anything else, then it sounds like a browser issue. If all else fails, you can always try to install Netscape 6.2 or 7.0 and see if that works.

~cdogg
[tab]"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"
[tab][tab]- A. Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back