Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drill Through from Analysis Services Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbzh

Programmer
Aug 7, 2004
US
Hi,

We have some functionality in a pivot table in Excel where if you right click a pivot table data item, you can drill down on the cell and get the corresponding detail data from the Analysis Services cube. This is down via a drill down macro which resides in the Excel spreadsheet. This works fine.

I was wondering if the functionality can be extended outside of the pivot table. So for instance if I referred to a pivot table cell outside of the pivot table could I then click on that cell (outside the pivot table) and drill down (and get the same results as if I clicked on the referred cell?) The reason I want to do this is so that I can format the spreadsheet better and put headers at various points in the exhibit. I do not have this functionality with the pivot table.

I am using SQL Server 2005 and Excel 2003.

Thanks.....

Probably not. If you want pretty formatting but want to keep this type of functionality you may want to look at building reporting service reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back