Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Trusts/Netbios

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSATECH

Programmer
Aug 7, 2007
US
Forgive me, i am a newbie at this, especially Windows 2003.

I am restructuring our overworked network and need some sound advice, in simple steps.

I will be configuring 2 windows 2003 servers as follows:
SERVERA IP 192.168.5.1 with DHCP, DNS and WINS as a PDC with a domain of SERVERA.LOCAL
SERVERB IP 192.168.6.1 with DHCP, DNS and WINS as a PDC with a domain of SERVERB.LOCAL
Each server will have a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

All users will authenticate to SERVERA and receive their IP address from there. I need them to be able to access shares on SERVERB after they have authenticated on SERVERA. (trusted domains?)

I also have an application to be installed on both servers that has a lock manager using NETBIOS. What I cannot have happen is the 2 copies of lock manager seeing each other, one will shut down.

I've set up trusts in every which direction and cannot get SERVERB to show up anywhere in network neighborhood.

If you need any further details, please ask.

Thanks
-Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back