Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone do housecalls? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRuntz

Technical User
Aug 21, 2023
US
Does anyone do service calls that could come to my office to help us resolve our voicemail issues with an Avaya Merlin 4424D+? I can not find anyone that has a clue about these old systems and I need help!

most people here work in one form or another for a company that does work.
If you post your location then I am sure someone can find a helpful tech for you.

You could also post your issue and I am sure you get some helpful posts to try and resolve it.

we would need
System model and release (I would guess Merlin Legend or Magix, when in doubt add a picture of the control unit)
issue as detailed as possible
Can it be recreated or is is intermittent
When did it start? After a power outage or just because

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Sorry...I have another thread going with all the issues.
I am in Cincinnati, OH. I have someone coming out today to take a look. He's an old programmer for these phone systems. I'm hoping he can give some insight into what may be happening.

Oops, didn't recognize the handle.
I hope you get it all fixed

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Had a retired CBT guy take a look today. He thinks we need to replace the slot, but said we would lose all saved information on the voicemail system...saved VM messages, scripts, etc.

Do you know if there is a way to transfer all of this info if the slot is replaced?

If you only move the voicemail then you keep all but if you replace the voicemail then you can try and do a backup via the software and upload it again to the new system.
I think at least that this is the correct information.
I am sure there are people here that would know for sure.
Have not touched it in ages and not sure if you can still get the software for it.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Good to find out that the source of the problem has been located. [smile]
Merlinman & Touchtone Tommy are two of the Merlin experts in the forum.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back