Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

distribution list

Status
Not open for further replies.

A15

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2002
US
We have a person in the company that need to send an email to like 9 Distribution list, each one has about 100 e-mails in it.
My questions:
1- Can her e-mail be regarded as spam and therefor my e-mail server will be black listed??

2- Is there a better software to mass distribute to specific e-mail accounts (NOT MASS SPAMMING)???

Spam is
1. Unsolicited
2. Commercial
3. Sent in large quantities

The biggest issue is is the first one, will the people being sent the e-mail expect to receive it. If they don't then you can expect your ISP to get complaints and you could possibly get black listed.

If the content of the message is something irrelevant to the people receiving it this could also cause annoyance leading to complaints.

The best way to protect yourself is to ensure that if people are receiving the e-mail legitimately then you let them know in the message why they are receiving it (eg: "You are receiving this message because you signed up for our mailing list").

There is software out there that can be used for maintaining mailing lists. Apparently this one is good:

these people are really looking forward for receving these e-mails cause their business depends on it.

Does anyone know the limit of the outlook distribution group?? and what is the best way of setting multiple ditribution groups??

I have been told that sometimes they get an error of "outllok cannot save this item, would you like to save it in the default location" and right after they get the message "operation faild."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back