Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying a Header with No Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neffro

Programmer
Apr 26, 2002
US
I'm trying to make my report print all Voting Precincts, which is the report header and all voters will be listed in the details section within each precinct. A page break occurs after each change in Precinct. I would like the report to still print a header even though there may be no voters in that precinct. How do I make the report still print the report header even if there is no data to display?

First, I assume you mean to ask how to print the PAGE header for a precinct with no voters. The REPORT header only prints once at the start of the entire report.

In order to print "empty" precincts you'd have to modify your recordsource. If you have a separate table of precincts, you'd have to LEFT JOIN that table to your voters table. What this tells Access is to create a dynaset of all precincts and, if there are voters in the precinct, include them as well.

When you do this, you'll get a record in the dynaset with just the columns you included from the precinct table and Null values in the columns that you included from the voters table.

When you then print the report, you'll get a page for the "empty" precinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back