Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

display image from next records when viewing current record

Status
Not open for further replies.

VBAPrincess

Programmer
Feb 6, 2004
US
I work mainly with Access and have been asked by a friend to help with a FileMaker Pro database file. The purpose of the FM db is to display items at a museum. The interface is already created but the client would like a "small" change.

The user first searches for an item such a moccasins, then the artifacts in the moccasin category are displayed in a list view. The user can click on an artifact and then that record will display. Each artifact has an image that goes along with it. On the right side of the single record view are previous and next buttons. However, the client would like to see the images from the next 2-3 records in the search results to display. An alternative would be to see the image from the previous record as well as the next record.

I've tried to figure this out myself but I'm just going in circles. If this were in Access I'd be done already but I know next to zero about FMPro. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Diana
VBA Princess
-- I'm hoping to grow up to be a Goddess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back