Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Discontinuous data for chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart10

MIS
Nov 2, 2007
GB
I am using CR 2016

I am pulling in bank balances every day and need to chart the trends and do have a working report/hart

The issue I have is that the data is only captured on business days not weekends or bank holidays so my chart looks like a sine wave!

I cant modify the database so I need to modify the detail line in the crystal report I think to :

1. Show continuous days from a start date parameter
2. test balance on each of these days and if null (not zero!) then bring into that row the last non null balance - this needs to carry on every row, you may have weekend with bank hoidays straddling either side etc

I think from there I can create a decent chart :) but the question is how do I do this?

Another method maybe for the chart to ignore null dates which is my plan B as not strictly correct but how could you do this also?

Add a calendar table to the database (one record for each date).
Outer join from that table to your daily balances table.

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back