Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disconnecting Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdavelamb

Programmer
Jun 11, 2003
GB
HI, I have a major problem at our branch office, we have migrated to Terminal services on Win2003. Users keep disconnecing (then automatically reconnecting again) between 2-10 minutes into a session. I have logged in as these users from somewhere else and I am npopt having an trouble at all. It points to their network I know, but the users do not all disconnect at the same time, but at different intervals independantly.

What could this be?! Hope someone can help.

dave

Hello, I am having a similar problem at one of our branch offices. We have migrated them to Terminal Services on Windows 2000. They are the only office that seems have different users disconnected at different intervals about 5 times a day. Also, what is wierd is that if they minimize their RDP connection when they go back to maximize it it tells them that their remote connection has been lost. They are all using Window XP. We support a couple other offices but they don't seem to be having these problems. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesus

hello jesus, to let u know what happened to me, we had a SMC router at our branch, as soon as i replaced it it was fine (it kept droppoing connections). However there are some excellent tips here that I followed that I suggest you give I did these first b4 I found it to be the router:

Search on google for "black hole router", adjust the MTU on the routers involved, test each endpoint separately, machine NIc interfaces can also be adjusted. Pathping a remote machine via the tunnel, you should have 0 or a low number of lost packets.

MTU adjustment utility, Tcp optimizer

MS explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back