Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappearing Form controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

crpjaviman

Technical User
Jan 24, 2002
US
I am wondering if anyone out there has had this problem:
I have a form with a subform and a run query button.
The first control is an ID number which after update runs an underlying query. The subform automatically updates once I press the button. Here is the curious part:

The form works for the first 3-4 times that I use it, but then I enter an ID (not the same ID) and , all of a sudden, all of the controls disappear. The only thing visible is the background of the main form. No headings, subforms, buttons or text boxes are visible. The first time it happened, I could not figure out what or why, so I went on to create a new form with sub and button. The same thing happened to the second form. I don't think I need to recreate a third or fourth form to continue working. It will be a never ending process.

Has anyone encountered this before and , if so, how did you solve it or what is causing it?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
crpjaviman

Are you sure that the ID that you entered returned a value? Access has/had a problem with not dislaying controls if no data was found Terry
* General Disclaimor - Please read *
Please make sure your post is in the CORRECT forum, has a descriptive title, gives as much detail to the problem as possible, and has examples of expected results. This will enable me and others to help you faster...

Terry,

There is a possibility that the ID did not return a value, but I cannot change the ID, even after I close it.

Thanks,
crpjaviman

I am having the same problem. I have a sub form within a form. In the main form I have a combobox. The subform will display the information related to the value of the combo box. Whenever I select a value in the combobox that has no related info (a perfectly valid scenario), ALL controls go blank.

Does anyone know how to prevent the controls from disappearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back