Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digitizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOZMO1

Technical User
Nov 8, 2005
US
I'm digitizing a hand-drawn picture to make it possible to cut on a plotter. The problem is the signature... Is there a way I can just have it outlined somehow, or do I have to use the pen tool and trace around it? Any help or advice would be apperciated.

You know, I don't think I explained that clear enough. The signature is actually just the word "racing" signed like a signature. What I lack is the ability to trace is and keep the open parts of the middle of the letters to remain transparent, or even the color of the background.

depends on what version of Illustrator you have if you have CS2 you can use live trace.

InDesign CS, Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, Acrobat 7
Windows XP & MAC OS X (Yes I Use Both, Not at the Same Time)

How do you leave a live trace? Does that also mean that you keep the original look of your art work and you simpley use the trace then plot it? My goal is to be able to save this file and give it to someone to plot. So if I can't save it and be able to plot it then thats not going to work.

I am not sure what you mean by "plot it" but if your tracing an original artwork - or even an image it will work just fine.
It creates vectors for you. It is a TOTALLY AWESOME new feature in CS2.

If you received a book (users manual) with your program or even using the Help feature in the program it will give you a good idea of how it works. There is also the what's new feature that will explain how it works too.

Give it a shot!

InDesign CS, Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, Acrobat 7
Windows XP & MAC OS X (Yes I Use Both, Not at the Same Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back