Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital Set 3902 and 3904

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qamar177

Technical User
May 28, 2019
PK
What is safety recommendations for installation of M3902 set. I have installed 3902 at distance of almost 15-18 meter from meridian switch(11C). In last 10 days 02 sets have become unserviceable till now.
What are possible reasons and what are safety precautions to overcome this serious issue ??

When you say unserviceable, what symptoms are you seeing?

Are you asking what the maximum cable distance between the switch and a phone set is? You're nowhere near the limit. It's around 3000ft I believe, so nearly a kilometer.

Are all of the phone sets on the same card, or on different cards?

Unserviceable means no dial tone, no display, no incoming calls (totally dead).
I am asking what should be safety devices or rosset setting should be taken to avoid such issue ?

Those phones will work over 2000 feet from the PBX, distance is not your issue. Could be a bad Digital Line Card

Try doing a status on the card or the TN you have the set built on.

Example from ld11 do STAT 12 0 4 3

OR DO Stat 12 to get all the ports on card 12.....
see if they are in idle state. IF is shows DSBL do enlu 12 0 4 3
then check the STAT again. If this keeps happening you either have a bad port or bad connection somehow. Make sure your punches and cross connects are clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back