Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital phones issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsandoval63

Technical User
Jun 27, 2006
US
I know that the Meridian Option 51 in the midnigth routine disable the digital phones that aren't connected, What is the way to stop this? Do I have to remove the program 45 in the config? Is there any risk if I remove it?
Thanks in advance.

REQ prt
TYPE ovly

OVLY
SID 65
BKGD 044
PBXH X
TODR 00
DROL 030 034 036 038 044 045 060 135 137
MULTI_USER OFF

the reason they disable is that if you leave enough built and unplugged the rest of the switch will stay down.. not usually the best practice..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Change the cls of the digital phone to FLXA. It will not disable if not plugged in when LD 30 runs.

the flxa is perfered, just use it on a few sets, not the complete switch.. the problem with x30 is you do not see the problems you cause, you burn bandwidth (backplane), ram and cpu time. then the switch starts doing an ini on high traffic.. then the customer thinks the switch is bad.. i've seen techs replace cpu's cmdu's cni's... because they had burned 2/3's of a to small ram.. x30 plus a few other things that nortels does not recogmend.. cust was ready to buy another switch, what they needed was to fire a maint tech

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

LD 30 in the MIDS is called JOB SECURITY.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back