Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Different CLIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibercom

Technical User
Sep 21, 2005
ES
How can i change my clid when i call to phone A or to phone B ?

Caller: AAAA --> Calling: XXX-ext
Caller: BBBB --> Calling: YYY-ext

I use the same MCR key (DN).

Thanks in advance.

CLID is what is displayed for outbound calls when you have a PRI.

If these are internal calls, you are talking about changing the name display in LD 95. Each DN has a unique display. On an MCR key, the key appears on different phones but since it is the same DN, it can only have one name displayed.

To change a name

LD 95
REQ NEW
CUST 0
<cr until DN>
DN <enter number you want to enter a name for>
NAME <type in name>

You can use CLS DNDA/DNDD and CNDA/CNDD to display or hide name and number

and those class marks are on the set, not the line.. names are on the dn, so mcr's are always going to show the same name..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I need to display different numbers (CLID) when i call to different external numbers.

If I call to A I'm (CLID) xxx+DN.
If I call to B I'm (CLID) yyy+DN.

A and B are public numbers (external). The route is the same for both numbers.

CLID tables (ID appearing to outside lines) are unique to a DN appearing on a set; You can only have one CLID table per DN on a set. I don't believe you can change the CLID table by which number you are dialing.

What you can do is program a different CLID table for each number you want outpulsed and apply the appropriate CLID table to the DN key on the set.

The only way to change CLID is to use the CTYP prompt in DGT table of the RLB used by the call.
The possibilities to change CLID are: SPN, NPA, NXX, LOC, CDP, NCHG amd UNKW. The call is retrieving its info from CLID definition.

It's not so flexible as you may need, but have a try. The DGT table in RLB doesn't need to change the dialled number, but apply rules for CLIDs

i.e:
CLID
HNTN 123
HLCL 456
DIDN YES
LOC 789

I want to send CLID with National type, then NPA in DGT. I send 123456DID
I want to send CLID with the location code, then LOC in DGT. I send 789DID

The only caution I have with dlesap's recommendation is that your CO may reject the call if it doesn't understand the call type. The call type does go out as a flag with the call and if you have a picky type of CO, the CO may reject the call.

Also, our local carrier will not accept a CLID that is not a valid billing number on the PRI. If you send an invalid CLID, they will change it to the main billing number on the account.

I agree lretrievers.
To allow CLID transparency, the carrier must disable the CLI restriction. By this, you will be able to send any CLID you want. For the type call, i guess it's depending the country and carrier you have access. The laws are not the same everywhere and carrier protocol may not be flexible as we are wishing

i don't know if it's the law or the carrier, some carriers don't want to change anything that would require thought.. we have one carrier from two different central offices, one shows my clid the other says that it can't be done.. both pri's are going back to a dms and it's the same company..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

DLESAP:
I do it, and it is ok, but lretrievers is right.

My CO rejects the call because it doesn't "understand" the call type. I use CLID with National type in some cases and CLID with location code in others. But, the second option doesn't work.

Thanks to all. I have learned much with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back