Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difference Between LD-T1's & L-T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definity

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2001
IN
Can anyone help me to understand what is the difference in LD-T1's(Long distance T1) & L-T1(Local T1, Provides 800# access) . We have taken few LDT1's from MCI & all of them are working fine with Definity G3si, incl. ISDN-PRI as well. We have recently applied for LT1 but LT1 never comes Up. When I extend LT1 to my switch all channels shows me the status as disconnected but I am able to recive the calls on this LT1 but not able to make any call out. I have tried with Maintenance "n" on trunk group but of no help.

Can any one let me know is there any difference between the configuration of these two...? :-I

BTW: I have swapped the LT1 with LDT1 to confirm the configuration but the LDT1 works on the same configuration & LT1 doesn't work with the working configuration

Definity,

I had the same problem switching from Ameritech Local to AT&T local. The solution involved two things - and you'd have to play around with these since im not familiar with MCI's setup:

With AT&T - we could not pass a "9" through the trunk...with Ameritech we had to.

With Ameritech, the number of deleted digits was 1...with AT&T it was zero.

Both situations left us the same way...we could receive calls, but not make any. Trying to get a straight answer between 2 major vendors was impossible, so I had to play around with it.

If i understand your situation - give that a shot. I'm assuming proper provisioning of your lines, and an "all green-go!" from your T1 provider..man i wish i had a dime everytime they told me all was well - when it wasn't!
;)

Thanks pbxman,
It finally worked , The problem was found to be with the signalling bit inversion, I was running my LDT1 with 'sig bit inversion' as - A&B (both bits) & MCI was requiring the signalling bit to be 01 in case of idle which worked when I changed the parameter to 'B' only.
As you mentioned I was also able to only recieve calls on the T1 but was not able to make any call out on it.because MCI switch was expecting the signal bit to inform them that the my switch is going off the hook to dial out, which was not happening when I was inverting both the bits.

However, Thanks a lot for your reply...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back