Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial DTMF on optipoint 500 standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latya

Programmer
Mar 6, 2003
HU
Hi!

If I recive an incoming call on Optipoint 500 digital phone I can not dial DTMF tones.
But If I start an outgoing call I can dial DTMF tones.

Is it possible to set DTMF dialing for incoming call too?

Please provide more details. Are these trunk/external calls, or station/internal calls? HiPath 4000 or Hicom or HiPath 3000?

Are you attempting to send DTMF tones during the call to communicate with an IVR or equivalent?

Please post the station config here. I don't usually do stations, but I will take a shot. Perhaps someone else who does station config regularly will have an answer.

Both on external and internal calls, Hipath 4000.

Yes I like to send DTMF tones during the call ( incoming )

I knew that is possible to programming a button for DTMF dialing, but I do not like to programm it for all extension.

Sorry I can not send config, becouse I'm a system admin, but with another phone system. We have a very stupid hipath system administrator, he do not want to help us. :(

I had to really think what is out there that would call you and then require you to enter DTMF tones rather than the traditional way of you placing the call and using the tones to control what you called.

The first thing that came to mind was our own patient appointment reminder system that calls the patient and tells them they have an appt and then tells them to press 1 to confirm receipt of the call.

I also suppose outdials from voicemail systems might be another case, so now I wonder why that wouldn't work. I would look in the COS features first, and the other system flags you can set for the stations. Then look at timers to see if there is only a certain period after the call begins when you can still send out the tones.

Ok, If i understand it good: That is possible to dial dtmf tones,during the call, if the call is an icoming call.

On monday I will tell it to uor (stupid) system administrator to set it correctly, and he can not answer that is it not possible in the system.

Try this in the COT of the trunk in question
AUTOM.DTMF CONVERSION ON INCOM.CALL WHILE IN TALK STATE AMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back