Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Server isn't authorised

Status
Not open for further replies.

balin

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
AU
I'm trying to set up a DHCP server.

I added a Server - it shows it's status as 'not connected' then I click on the server name and the icon changes to a red arrow.

Set up a scope 192.168.16.3 to 192.168.16.48
set up server options - DNS,WINS and NETBIOS over TCP/IP 192.168.16.2 (server fixed IP)
Router 192.168.16.254
Activated the scope.

Then I go to authorize expecting the red icon to clear and I get the 'unauthorise' rather than 'authorise' option.

I can only connect workstations using fixed IPs

I'm a learner driver - Apreciate some help.

Right-click and choose "Manage Authorized servers". Verify that the correct server name and IP are listed. In networks with a lot of replication latency (lots of sites and DC's) sometimes it can take 60 - 90 minutes for a DHCP server to authorize. Make sure that the DHCP server is able to contact a domain controller.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back