Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Issues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxse

Technical User
Dec 2, 2011
US
We recently deleted the user accounts in security settings that we do not use to prevent toll fraud. We also changed the Administrator and Security passwords.

It seems like any new phones we connect will not pull DHCP from the IPO. This could be a coincidence but could we have deleted a user account that the system needs to operate?

Did you check your lan1 to see if it's still set to server.

What exactly are you referring to?

Check snowman50's sugguestion.. It should be under IP Office 500> System> LAN 1/2> DHCP Mode (client, server, disabled, etc)

Also check the addressing in the Craft section to ensure that everything is correct, especially the Router/Gateway address as well as the subnet mask.

It's definitely the server because the other phones are working and pulling IPs (including my laptop when plugged directly in.

The odd thing is its working on 9608s and 9611g but the 1608s will not pull an ip address. What is different with the 1608s that were missing?

We'll then check your dhcp settings for the ip phone dhcp string.
String 246 and 17x
Can't quite remember the strings but you can look it up.

if the IP Office is supplying the IP addresses then you should not need to check the option 242 or 176 as they are given by the IPO.
You might want to check the pool size to make sure that you don't run out of IP addresses.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

This is very odd, the IPO is assigning IP addresses and their are only 40 devices in a /24 subnet so no issues there. When I plug in a laptop it works, a 9608 and 9611g no problem. It's the 1608i they just won't pull dhcp, they also can't see the call server with a static. I had to program a static on the primary LAN instead of the vlan. Again, the very odd part is simply just not working on the 1600 series.

Do you have both options 242 and 176 set on your primary LAN DHCP server? Our IP office does DHCP also(for the phones only) but we still need options 242 and 176 set so when a new phone is plugged in, it knows to look for DHCP on the voice VLAN not the data VLAN.

So when I plug in a new phone I press * and program vlan 20 and reboot and it picks up. But of course not on the 1608iS...

Are you sure the port you're plugging the phone into actually has vlan 20 on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back