Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Destination Code Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberX666

Technical User
May 22, 2006
SE
Hi all,

I’m building a new BCM200 and will be networking it to a CS1K in the US via SIP.

My DN range starts at 2700 and I need to route the following:

20A, 21A, 22A, 23A, 24A, 25A, 26A, 28A, 29A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A, 7A.

I am able to build all the des codes above apart from 28A, I have looked all over the system to see if its being used by something like application DN’s and cant find any usage of 28xx apart from ext DNs which are not being used. BCM is setup as a CDP networking and gateway info allows me to put in all the digits I need to route including 28.

I’m stumped, any help would be great.

I'm Not quite sure what your question is?

If I'm reading correctly, you can't get 28xx routed correctly?

What are the ext DNs? in your statement "28xx apart from ext DNs which are not being used."?

Yes i cant get 28xx to route and i need to, but as i have a started the bcm at 2700 the ext numbers go into 28xx range and 29xx. Now 29xx can route ok, but 28 does not.

Am I correct in assuming users on the CS1000 can not call 28xx?

yes as i dont have any physical sets in the 28xx range.

1. on the NRS, do you have the routing entries for 28xx configured for the BCM Endpoint?

2. on the CS1000,
LD 20
prt
ludn
then paste

3. on the CS1000,
LD 87
prt
cdp
dsc
then paste

Hang on hang on....
The problem is the bcm will not let me enter 28A into the destination screen.

I'm confused.

So is 28xx a range of DN's on the CS1000 or on the BCM?

You even need to change inactive conflicting DNs or you can't make des code.

You can't have potential DNs on your BCM that conflict with your Dest. code. You need to change every DN in the 28xx range to something you don't have a Dest. Code for, like 1xxx (you'll lose Call Park) or 8xxx.

Adversity is Opportunity

I have inactive DN's starting with 29xx on the same bcm and im able to make a des code of 29A.

I have 30 user bcm 200, DN's starting at 2700 - 3100. This sytem will connect to a cs1k in the US. On the BCM i need to route 20A, 21A, 22A, 23A, 24A, 25A, 26A, 28A, 29A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A, 7A up the SIP trunk.

I can enter all the des codes into the bcm apart from 28A, now the internal modem was using 2891 i renumbered it to 2798. No application DN's are using the 28xx range.

In this case I would usually DN start up the BCM at a higher or lower number than the desired access codes, for example startup at DN 1000 or 8000 then DN renumber the desired amount of phones so you dont run into DN conflicts within the BCM.

In any case do you have target lines with recieved digits that may be conflicting? voicemail DN? Hunt group DN?

I have a problem similar to this in my networking and I figured out that the conflict is the public received number from the target lines. The public received number cannot conflict with destination codes.If you need to keep the public received number which is also in the 28xx range,say for example your public received is 281X,
you can program on your destination codes say 280A,282A etc.
Verify exactly the range of the 28XX.

It is a good practice also to renumber inactive DN that is close to your destination codes to avoid wildcard entries.Some extension on your inactive DN might be needed to flow accross.

Yes Vappl thanks, I have never had the problem before as I normally renumber the application DN's then all the routing numbers work. In the end the BCM bcm must have been using 28xx for something that was not visable so i just renumbered 28xx to 18xx and all is fine now.

It would be nice if the bcm told you what the DN was being used for in the system, when it wont let you enter the routing code.

Thank you for all the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back