Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

#Deleted message upon save, causes execution errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpolony

Programmer
Aug 9, 2003
US
Users are telling me that when they try to save to the database, the form's fields are replaced by "#Deleted" and then the rest of the session is a disaster -- the application loses track of global variables after that, as it would after a crash, and nothing works right until they get out of the app and then start over. A co-worker suggested doing a form requery right after the save (acCmdSaveRecord), but that only generates an "Invalid use of null" error. I heard this was a documented bug on Access, but I don't know how to get around it. Thanks for any help.

It doesn't sound like a bug it sounds like you are running more code that is required from the deleted record and that's where your code is breaking. Do a step through and emulate what your users are doing since it will now display line by line execution of your code. You should be able to determine where the break in your code exist.

Sounds to me the OnCurrent event needs something that is no longer there?

Life's a journey enjoy the ride...

jazzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back