Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Dial Plan/ Trunk Routing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Z

Technical User
Dec 7, 2016
US
Hello all, Newbie Mike here. Thanks everyone for response to my T1/Asterisk question. I now have it working well. But I have another question that I haven't found an answer to yet.

I'm running Asterisk to connect with CNet, the telephone collectors network. This is not connected to anything related to the real world. All of my Definity extensions are in the 4NNN range. My prefix is 525NNNN. Current on Definity, I dial 8 to get a T1 trunk to the asterisk switch and can dial 525NNNN to get a local number on my switch, or 1NXXXXXXXXX to get a number on Cnet. That works great.

What I would like to do on the Definity is to:
1) dial 5254NNN and have that routed internally in the Definity to a Definity extension? i.e 7 digit extension dialing on Defintiy
2) dial 525NNNN, with the forth digit being anything but 4, and have that automatically routed over the T1 trunks without having to dial 8

I think I've Googled just about the entire internet and haven't found an answer, at least one that made sense to me.

Thanks everyone,

Mike Z.

can you "change uni 0"? Is uniform dial plan allowed in "display system customer-options"?
If so, 5254, min/max 7, delete 3, net= ext. That'll keep it 4 digit. And 525 min/max 7, net=ars.

Otherwise, maybe make 5 your ARS code and you can "change ars digit conversion 0" and make 254 min/max 6 delete 2 digits, net=ext and 25 min/max 6, net=ars and insert a 5 or something in the ars digit conversion table or otherwise make your ARS routing 6 digit and insert the 5 in your route over to the asterisk

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back