Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DECT EOL or just supply constrained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edhead

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2002
US
Needing to pick up some additional Dect R4 equipment and our regular partner/vendor is saying that Avaya has stopped making the Dect wireless equipment. I can't find the rack chargers anywhere online and supply of the 3735 phones is limited. Avaya still has the R4 lineup on their site with no mention of it being EOL. Is the consensus that Avaya has unofficially EOL'ed Dect or is it just the same lingering supply chain issues a lot of folks are still dealing with? If Dect has been EOl what are folks deploying in it's place?

I did a big IPO install back in August and had to wait about two months beyond the date that the IPO and desk phones arrived for the DECT stuff to show up.

For what I know ASCOM (Avaya Dect R4 uses ASCOM technology) increased its prices dramatically and limited shipping so I suppose Avaya is considering what to do, maybe changing technology

If you have issues getting the Avaya dect I would suggest using Yealink as an alternative. We have used them in a few sites with no issues and the customers liked them.

-----------------------------------

4771494_orig.jpg

Business Phone Systems in Canada

ACSS,AIPS

1+ on Yealink, deployed W90 multicell today with a new IPO500 installation and honestly was painless, I don't see much benefit going with Avaya Dect at it's price point.

Calum M
ACSS

It depends on how many handset you need, don't forget Yealink needs 3rd PTY iP endpoint licenses instead of the Avaya one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back