Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dear frustrated etl programmers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

y0geshkulkarni

Programmer
Feb 25, 2005
US
Hello All,
This my first thread... recently joined the forum.
I am a very frustrated etl programmer.. with all the expensive etl products... I have mostly worked on Hummingbird genio.. just wanted to find out are there any other programmers who share similar feelings about etl products.. with most tools release management, version control, deployment, testing , debugging.. etc is a nightmare.. does anyone agree with this?
please post your experiences with any etl tool you have used.. and certain things you hate most about them..

thanks
Yogesh

Yogesh,

To bad ETL causes frustration on your side. The problems you hint at could , however, easily account for any other field within ICT. It would make sense if you had direct issues with informatica's products, but perhaps your post fits better into something like 'The corporate water cooler'? :)

Ties Blom
Information analyst

All the tools have their strong points and low points. Informatica/Oracle's Warehouse Builder,etc...

I just try to use the correct tool for each problem I'm trying to solve. Sometimes it's pl/sql, sometimes it's informatica,etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back