Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDF Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solstorm

Technical User
Dec 12, 2001
US
I have a client getting an error when trying to create DDF files. The client has been able to create DDF's in the past but now he gets the error "Failed to create .... file.ddf(25)

Pervasive states the following:

25: The application cannot create the specified file

The MicroKernel returns this status code in one of the following situations:

• If an application attempted to create a data file, the disk directory or the disk itself may be full.

• If an application tried to create a file over an existing file, the existing file is open or the operating system will not allow the operation for another reason (such as when a file is flagged transactional in NetWare).

• In an attempt to create a Btrieve file over existing Btrieve file, this status will be returned. The keybuffer on the Btrieve create operation API (opcode 14) is set properly to create a file over an existing file.

• This problem may be caused by Antivirus software (such as Innoculan)

Note : This happens when the Operating system returns an unusual status code to the engine. Normally, the engine expects either a success or the file already exists. In one situation, the error code was being returned because the file handle that the engine was using was not functional; however, the OS call that the engine makes is supposed to return a file handle.

One solution is to disable the Antivirus software. Contact the third party vendor for additional information on configuring the Antivirus software to eliminate scanning specific data files.

What I've checked/done so far to try and fix the problem:

The disk is not full and he says permissions are full control. I received an error 94 when I changed permissions not error 25. DDF files don't exist yet so another application using the files doesn't apply. Rebooting the server didn't make a difference. Tried creating them from another workstation but still received same error. They are not using Netware so didn't check anything there. They don't use an Anti-virus program to scan that folder so couldn't disable that.

Has anyone else see this problem? Any suggestions on what else to try?

Thanks in advance...

What version of Pervasive are you using? Also, how are you creating the DDFs? If you're not using the PCC/Create Database wizard/ODBC Administrator, can you try that and does it return the 25? Can you create any file (Btrieve or otherwise) in that folder?

info@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back