Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCandyman

Technical User
Sep 9, 2002
US
I have 2 Access 2000 DBs. I am using them online, they hold the same info but one allow me to update it and the other one doens't. They are exactly alike, 1 table with the same name and same data. the only difference is I can see between them in in the properties when i right click the table. On the one that works, the Owner is blank. On the one that doens't work, the Owner is Admin. How can i change this? I'm assuming this cound be the problem since i can't see anything else different.

The first thing that I would check would be the file's properties (right click .. properties) to see if "read only" is checked for the file that you can not update.

If that isn't it then it may be that you need to either add administrative rights to your user Id or make the file with the owner=admin accessible to all users. For example, does your user ID have inherited rights to that file or directory where that file resides. Also, check your security settings through access. Did you create the files or did someone else?

It also may be an IS issue where you need help from someone with administrative rights to give you access to the file in the directory that it resides. Not sure if I have explained that right but hope it gives you a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back