Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date and Number text box component...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KentCoon

MIS
Aug 11, 1999
CA
Is there an component for a date and number box somewhere? It would have properties like a text box except it would be for dates and numbers? If you know of it, how can I access it? Thanks a bunch!

You can use the Calendar Control or make listboxes with the <br>
values in the list(s)..In order to use the calendar control,<br>
you need to select 'project', 'components' and select 'Microsoft Calendar Control' from the list. If you will using dates, I would recommend the control, because you might need to apply date logic to the lists. Generally speaking, I use listboxes/combo boxes for time pickers and a date control for a date picker.

Is the calendar control on Excel VBA... it doesn't seem to be there...<br>
<br>
thanks w1sh3!

The masked edit control is also a good way to input dates as it allows you to control what keys are accepted and in what format. For a date you have to enter ##/##/##. This will not accept letters (only numbers) and will cause an error if user enters say....45/45/45.

I'd go with positran - the masked edit control is worth the small amount of hassle it takes to get the format right.<br>
<br>
Mike<br>

Kent, you should see the calendar control in your toolbar after you go to PROJECT\COMPONENTS (in the vb ide menu) and select 'microsoft calendar control'from the list...I read that there should be a date/time picker also , but I don't use it because it's not absolutely necessary (I want to load as few ocx's as possible)...If you still can't find it, let me know what version of VB you are running..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back