Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Load from CSV File

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko1

Technical User
Jun 3, 2002
US
Hello!

I need to load data from CSV file to update a table. I understand that I could do it with a temp table and then run an update query from it. The problem is when I try to use a global temp table, I don't seem to be able to get Destination and Transformation tabs to work. The program doesn't find that table even when I try to create it on the server prior to going through the tabs.

I cannot create a regular table for these purposes and then drop it because my user doesn't have these permissions on the server.

How should I approach this problem?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Kate

Can you just create a permanent import table and truncate the data after the load is completed?

The user then just needs to have rights to insert, update etc., not create.

Of course you or the dba would need to have create rights to set up the table one time.

I could, and that's actually how I have set it up in the DTS package, but I was wondering if it were possible to do it with a "true" temp table.

Thanks for your reply.

Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back