Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Grid with selectable entries in Visual C++?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott7261

Programmer
Dec 14, 2007
US
I've been searching for help on creating data grids (Row x Col tables) with selectable entries for my first program. Common sense says that this should be an easy implementation, but if it turns out I have to use ActiveX controls or something, then I will.

Can anyone point me to a comprehensive tutorial on this?

Thanks in advance.

I use Ultimate Grid in a lot of my programs. It's free and has a large knowledge base. Just google it if you're interested. Good luck.

While common sense may say it's an easy implementation, it's not. Creating a data grid look is simple...the working aspects is what's complex.

If you just want a data grid look, just line up a bunch of text boxes. However, in order to get the functionality that a data grid needs, you'll either spend a lot of time creating and refining it or use a 3rd party control.

Personally, I use Component One's grid control. There's a Microsoft grid that you can use. I personally don't like it, but others do.

I would recommend downloading several and trying them out. Then when you decide which one you like, but the control (or have your company buy it). If it's a free one, donate :). They put a lot of work in to it and deserve the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back