Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Currency conversions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesRobinson

Technical User
Apr 19, 2007
GB
hi

looking to do currency conversions in the database. What I want to do is to have a separate currency table which then, depending on which currency is selected in the main database, converts the input data into local currency.

In other rdb's or excel I would use another data table or a vlookup function. How do I do it in Approach?

Any ideas welcome.

thanks

Charles

Ok, in Approach you would use a "joined table". Put a field for the incoming currency type into your data entry table. Join it to the incoming currency type in this new table that has fields for currency type and a conversion factor.

When you put the incoming currency type in the data entry field, the conversion factor will instantly become available for use in calculated fields, macro SET statements, etc. You would probably run a macro on "data change" of the currency amount being entered. This macro would SET the local currency field in your data entry table.

Sue Sloan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back