Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating extension/voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

etohmartini

Technical User
Aug 11, 2023
CA
I have an NEC SL1100 system and I am trying to create a new extension.

Every other extension I have created corresponds to a physical phone at a desk. The extension I want to create is not going to have a physical handset. The extension is essentially just a number for a voicemail box.

I named the extension in WebPro's Extension Basic Setup (15-01), but when I call the main number, and enter the extension number, it just goes back to the main greeting.

What am I messing up?

Use a virtual extension. MB 11-04. 50 already exist at default.

Also have you assigned the extension to a mailbox and have you forwarded that extension to the voicemail?

Ok so there are two places you can assign an extension to a mailbox and your decision depends on whether you want it to be an extension mailbox or a group mailbox. This is governed by your licenses and whether you have any spare user mailbox licenses! the advantage of using group mailboxes is you get (I believe) 32 free group mailbox licenses. This is of particular use if you never purchased any mailbox licenses as they are assigned slightly differently but can be used exactly the same! you then also have to forward the extension to the VM pilot number which should be 3999. this can be done in Mem Block 24-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back