Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Database Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynapen

Programmer
Apr 20, 2000
US
I have Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 Installed on my machine. Everything about the install seems to be working without a problem. But when I try to create a local database I get a series of errors. Everything from TNS:packet writer failure to End-Of_File on Communication Channel to problems loading the instance. For some reason I just can't get it to build successfully or access the DB when I create it on my local machine while logged in under my domain account.

Weird thing is that if I log in as the machine's local administrator, then everything works fine. I have checked everything I can under the permissions, and my domain account has every right that the local administrator does. But for some reason it just doesn't work.

Does anyone have any clue as to what would cause this, or where I can go to find out more info? Tried OTN and MetaLink but no luck so far. The money's gone, the brain is shot.....but the liquor we still got.

what OS you are using? Win2000?
if yes, then how do you create DB? using SQL command: create database.....?
You can connect sqlplus?

try this:
1) open CMD, type &quot;set ORACLE_SID=<your_SID>&quot;, then enter.
2) start sqlpus, sqlplus /nolog
3) connect / as sysdba;
4) create database.....
Markco Wong

Tried that, but I can't connect to the instance through SQL Plus unless I am logged in as the machine administrator and not through the domain account.

The money's gone, the brain is shot.....but the liquor we still got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back