Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create button for remote call forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMTTel

Technical User
Feb 20, 2017
US
Using IP office Select Manager for Server edition (9.1.9)

Basically, the customer needs to be able to transfer calls to a cell phone number on weekends. They will be changing the number that will be getting the calls weekly, so we're trying to simplify the process for her.

I setup a transfer button off option 1 on the Auto Attendant in VM Pro.
I setup a virtual extension in manager to send that transfer to.

Now, our plan was to set a button on another extension so the customer can just press that button then dial the 10 digit number that the virtual extension will forward to.

Does anyone have instructions on how to do this? Is there a short code I can put in the virtual extension?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

external twinning would do this and they could change the number as needed as well

Joe's answer is probably easier.

You would have to do something like this - i have a module in my IPO
Build a VM Pro module and use Generics (under Basic Actions)​
Your first Generic is going to be $KEY - you will probably want a recorded message instructing the user what to do - Input the telephone number​
DO another Generic to configure the set: CFG:SET "[Name here of virtual extn]" forward_unconditional $KEY​
You can also do it via Select Generic command and choose Change user/group config​
and finally a 3rd generic to make sure unconditional call forwarding is turned on: CFG:Set [Name here of virtual extn] Forward_Unconditional 1​
If you want you can put a final generic with a message or tone to indicate your all done​

I believe you can also use the extension (number) instead of the name of the virtual extension but if you use what i call the "Generic Action Wizard" it will code it with name

Once you have the module built, you can then program a shortcode to get to the module and program a dial key with that shortcode

Appreciate all of your help!

We ended up making a hidden prompt off the Auto Attendant.

Actions - Configurations Actions - Personal options (PIN code required)

Then having the customer have the option of changing the forwarding option remotely whenever they need to!

I appreciate the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back