Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR7 report distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecricketer

Programmer
Sep 7, 1999
AU
How do I distribute reports to workstations that don't have the same mappings as my own? I have no problems if all mappings are the same.

One option for distributing reports is to use the Crystal Reports web features. That way any workstation with a web browser can access the reports without the need for any special setup.<br>
<br>
Hope this Helps.<br>
<br>
Michael<br>
ReCrystallize Web Publishing Wizard for Seagate Crystal Reports<br>

Thanks MichaelD,<br>
however i don't think this is the solution.<br>
The other workstations, not only don't have the same mappings but they are in different locations on different servers. Each server has the same .dbf files but with their own data within the dbf's. I want to be able to write a report that I can distribute so they can run it on their own system.<br>
Sorry I wasn't clear enough.<br>
<br>

I'm not sure if this applies to dbf files or not but with Btrieve file before I compile a module for distribution I go to Database&gt;Set Location and click Same As Report. This will create an .exe and .crf files. Put the .exe, .rpt and .crf in the same directory where your data resides. Drag the .exe on your desktop and create a shortcut. You may have to generate a distribution list and install all the support DLLs via setup.exe.

I've already done that, it works. Not the best solution, but it is the easiest.

A more elegant solution requires some code, as the database location is a property of the runtime engine that can be set at runtime. Sample VB code can be found at the seagatesoftware.com site, search for c2000989 in the Knowledge base. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back