Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP Card Copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxfire

Vendor
Apr 18, 2011
US
I had a CP 100 with 18 MB that had a SW corruption. I used the card copy procedure from another unit to restore the card. It booted up ok of course I lost of of my configurations. I also noticed that the total MB's have now been reduced down to 10 which is the same that was on the card I copied it from. How can I restore the other 8 MB's to the system. Would this have been in a data base copy of the CP? I do have another CP with 40 MB's can I copy that one over and get 40 MB's?

If you had a backup then the keycodes could be restored. You can't copy keycodes from one CP to another as the serial numbers are different. You'll still only have 10 mailboxes. It might be possible to retrieve the mailboxes if the serial number is in the KRS.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Hey Fire, did you ever perform a backup of the CP before it went bad you had this issue? If so, the keycodes are in a folder in the an sto file. Once you you find it you'll see a string of 34 digits,just strip off the last last ten and that will be your keycode. Here's a link for ya.
how to retrieve key codes from call pilot faq799-7556

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

That is only useful if restoring to the same Callpilot but in this case its another which means different system ID so keys are useless and why a ticket needs to be opened with Avaya to swap the keys over to new system ID.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I thought he was using the same cp and just copied another card. Would not the keycodes be on the original cp??? Are the keycodes on the sw or cp??

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

atdjr123, keycodes are on the CallPilot, so copying software will not restore mailboxes. The original post stated that he had only 10 mailboxes, so there must have been a corruption or surge that wiped out the keycode file. Only restoring a full backup will restore the keycodes and are found in the .sto file as you wrote.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

I must have missed the original. I'm just going by this one where he says he had 18 mailboxes so if he had performed a backup on that CP prior to issue he could retrieve keycodes and restore to CP. I've previously backed up CP's and when I had to change out software I put the keycodes back in and had all my original mb's.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

I found original post and he did not back up CP so then this would not be of any use. All the more reason to always perform a backup.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back