Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Covering a logo 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalcolmBoone

Technical User
Jan 5, 2007
US
I have a video where a product is held and moved around. I need to know how to cover that products logo and/or blur it out. Please provide detailed instructions.

You need to decide what you will use to obscure the logo. The simplest way is to place something else over the top, another more complex method is to blur just the area of the logo.

In either method, the basic principle is to position the overlay using motion, and then use keyframes in Motion to track the movement of the logo - if necessary frame by frame.

In the second method, the blur is applied to a second copy of the logo and a track matte used to track and expose only the logo area of that blurred clip.

So can I just make a black bar in photoshop and use that in motion

If you make the overlay in PhotoShop, the easiest way is to export a still of a representative frame from Premiere, make your obscuring 'blob' on a separate layer in PhotoShop to cover the offending logo, and then import just the 'blob' layer into Premiere and drag it from the project window onto a higher track that the original clip.

If you have Premiere 6.5 or earlier, then make sure you put the overlay on V2 or higher. Not critical in PPro. Stretch to the required length.

Then track the moving logo using Motion on the overlay still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back