Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Paths and Hunt groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

L33tlucid

Technical User
Jul 9, 2009
US
Heres my situation:

I have 4 6408D+'s in an office. They all serve the same purpose in the office. I just installed a cordless telephone in the office with a new phone number which makes it a total of 5 phone numbers in the office. The purpose of the cordless telephone is that when no one is in the office for any purpose the cordless telephone will ring after any one of the 4 telephones rings 4 times. If no one then picks up the cordless telephone, it will cover to Audix for the cordless phone. Im having an issue in that the cover is going to the audix of the originating telephone number and not the cordless telephone.

Example:
x1000 - 6408D+
x1001 - 6408D+
x1002 - 6408D+
x1003 - 6408D+

x1004 - cordless

If x1000, x1001, x1002, or x1003 is called, the phones will ring 4 times. If no one picks up, then the call goes through a coverage path and rings on x1004 for 4 times. If no one picks up still, then the voicemail for x1004 should pick up. It is not going to the voicemail for x1004, but instead going to the voicemail of x1000, x1001, x1002, or x1003; which ever one is dialed initially.

I know i probably repeated myself a few times, but im trying ot be as thorough as possible. Thank you very much for any of your help.

It looks like you are trying to get another extensions VM to cover another extensions VM box. It's not going ot happen.

I often explain it like this. I called you and your phone covers around and them goes back to your VM box. I called you so thats where that call needed to be if it went unanswered.

Several ways to accomplish what you are trying to do.

1.Make those extensions agents in a ACD group. Then the calls go to agents (or extensions) that are logged in (ready to take calls). Then no need for VM

Or
2 Make the main number a VDN and point the calls through a vector.

Or
3. make these calls route to a hunt group and have the calls go to the hunt group VM box.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

I would like to use option 3. Unfortunately i do not know how to go about doing so. I know how to add hunt groups, i just dont know what the specific settings are to be to get the desired results.

It sounds like this group answers calls for a (possibly a main number) a main point of answer. That being the case give that extension a new number. Then make that extension number you hunt group number.

Think of a hunt group as just a number pointing to something else. Then make the 4 numbers members. Set up the hunt group with a coverage path to your messaging hunt group and make the changes to the second page also.

When a call comes into the group and it doesn't get answered within x number of rings it goes into the hunt group VM box.

You can call into what ever your voice messaging system to check for messages. You can also add a aut-msg-wt (auto message waiting button) and have the hunt group extension in the extension field for the button.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back