Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage path question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraftsha

MIS
Sep 16, 2002
US
I am running a Definity G3si v9. I have a user that has a coverage path that is setup like this:

Number of Rings: 3

Inside Call Outside Call Station Status
n y Active
y y Busy
y y Don't Answer
n y All
y y DND/SAC/GoTo Cover

Point1: 7300 Point2: 7210 Point3:h1

When he gets a call from an outside line when he is on the phone, it does a half-ring and goes to voicemail. I don't understand why it is doing the half-ring. He does not have his Send Calls on. I found out that Point1 and Point2 had their Send Calls on, so that is why it is going to voicemail, but why isn't it giving him a chance to put the current call on hold and answer the second call?

I hope I explained it clear enough...

Change the yes to a no on the outside active setting on the coverage path. This will allow the user to put the fist call on hold and answer a second incoming outside call.

Hope this helps.

I think having all checked Y for outside calls will also send calls to v/m immediately, but have never set it that way myself

DonBott

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
--Bertrand Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back