Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Answer Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slpayne

Systems Engineer
Apr 12, 2018
US
What is the best way to handle this scenario. We have a coverage answer group in which the members would like to forward their extensions so that when they are out of the office all of their calls are answered by the coverage answer group. Created an H.323 extension that is inactive and a virtual extension with the extension of the coverage answer group as the coverage path. When I forward my call to the this extension my call does not forward to the extension. I forwards to my voicemail. The only way that I can make this work is to register the station and make it active. The virtual extension never works.

There's a set type called 'virtual' - it doesn't have keys or a port or anything but a coverage path. It also doesn't burn a station license.
I'd imagine it might not like calls redirected to it either.

You say you have a coverage answer group where the members (of the same cov ans group?) want to forward to that cov ans group when they're out of the office.

Wouldn't that mean you could have extns 101,102,103 with cov path 1 with 1st cov point =c1 and 2nd point=h99 (or wtv the vm hunt is)? Would calls to 101 cover to the path and then probably only ring 102 and 103 a bit and then hit voicemail?

Be careful with call forwarding in the sense that it can tend to override the destination of the call - to say, if noone in the cov ans group picked up, what are you presenting to voicemail? "please answer with the greeting for the original called party" or "please answer with the greeting for the number the original called party forwarded to"

Kyle55,
Let me clarify I didn't submit the post correctly. The users are part of a coverage answer group with each users extension using coverage path 39 (voicemail). The calls ring into a hunt group that has the coverage answer group's number as the coverage path. They want the ability to forward their extensions so that their calls are answered by the coverage answer group when they are out of the office. The virtual extension does not work because I read since my initial post that you cannot forward calls to a virtual extension. The coverage path has 6 coverage points.

What about a time of day coverage path so if they all go home at 5pm the coverage path could route to the after hours coverage path that would route to the coverage answer group

OK. So, 101, 102 and 103 happen to take some level of department calls that ring them all.
They all happen to take direct calls that should wind up in their mailbox.
At the control of Mr 101, he'd like to have their direct calls get offered up to the gang before terminating in 101's voicemail box if 101 is leaving early for the day.

Otherwise, Mr 101 would like his direct calls to otherwise terminate normally in his voicemail box. He`d like the ability to toggle "calls to 101 ring my set and then my mbx" and "calls to 101 ring the gang and then my mbx".

Have a create a coverage path with points c1 and h99. Add this as coverage path 2 in 101's station form. Use the "change coverage path" feature code - maybe assign it to a system speed dial with a label to make it easier to use. And then, send-calls.

I've done it once before. Its not elegant, but it works. If change cov pat is feature code *202, you could have system speed dial *2021 and *2022 with labels "to voicemail" and "to dept+vm". You'd probably have the read the feature description and implementation guide. I think they might need to enter their station security code if they don't have console permissions. Either way, that's an idea to solve a problem. Are we getting closer? :)

Thanks Kyle that seems like a solution.

Joe,
Thanks for the information, however the users randomly are out of the office there is not set time for them.

Kyle,
I have changed my extension to reflect on page 2 of the station form coverage after forwarding n. I have forwarded my extension to the new extension 64490 which has coverage path 1044. 1044 is the hunt group that has the coverage path 1044. Coverage path 1044 has coverage answer group 611 point 1, 610 point 2, 611 point 3, 610 point 4, 611 point 5 and 610 point 6. I forwarded my extension to extension 64490 and not the extension rings without covering to the coverage path 1044. It just continuously rings no answer. I have activated send all calls and when I dial my extension the call forwards to my voicemail.

64490 is a hunt group with coverage path 1044.
What about with coverage after forwarding set to yes?

CM Screen Reference:
Code:
Coverage After Forwarding
Governs whether an unanswered forwarded call is provided coverage treatment.

Yes: Coverage treatment is provided after forwarding regardless of the administered
system-wide coverage parameters.

No: No coverage treatment is provided after forwarding regardless of the administered
system-wide coverage parameters.

So, you call forward to something that has a coverage path. With coverage AFTER forwarding at no, it can't hit the hunt group's coverage path.

You can enable coverage after forwarding - so you should be able to get to the hunt group and the hunt groups coverage path, but that coverage path never goes to voicemail - so what would you expect to happen once you hit the 6th coverage point? It won't just quit and go back to your station's coverage path to your voicemail because the whole flow you built failed to get a successful answer.

So, have a 2nd coverage path that rings the cov answer groups and then goes to voicemail. Add that as a 2nd cov path to the stations and the stations can decide if they want to cover directly to voicemail or to voicemail after ringing the gang a few times.

Could be a double coverage issue which never works, But I heard Avaya fixed this on version 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back