Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel photopaint 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

glw6160

Technical User
Mar 28, 2001
US
Is there an easy way to take an image and break it down into pieces so that it can be re-assembled without any seam lines? I have been using the cut tool and doing it by hand, but it's really tedious and boring. any I deas?

If I understand you correctly, you have a large bitmap that you want to slice up and place on a webpage, correct?

If so, what you'll want to do is create guidelines in your file that form a grid as to how you'd like it to be cut up.

Then I always save the file with a new name because you have to flatten the file (no objects/layers) for this to work.. in the flat file, open up your scripts and choose the imagecutter script. You tell it where you want the file placed, what format you want the sliced images to be in, whether or not you need "cells" to be merged together, and whether or not you want an HTML page created for you.

Then just run the script and it's all done for you in a matter of seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back