Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Line Patterns 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilCartographer

Technical User
May 2, 2001
US
I have not found tools to change line patterns. What am I missing? I can use and modify the dots and dashes in a line code, but lets say I want a dash with a space, then an "X" or cross on it. Or a line of round dots, or a railroad track symbol, or a wide band of hatching, or a double line. Are there other "line pattern librarys" out there. Can I make them? In my 6 months of using Corel 7 I have not seen this. Where should I look?
Thanks, Phil

I hope it's not too late.
There's no way to create directly a line pattern in CorelDraw (as, for istance, in AutoCAD), except simple dotted and dashed lines; I try to explain the only way to do it, please forgive my bad English, I must translate the commands from Italian.
Briefly, the trick is to create a Distribution (or Layout?) List, using the Artistical Support tool; by which you create a line along which Corel alignes the shapes you can choose from the Brush Pattern menu in the Properties Bar.
Distance, rotation, size of shape along the alignement can be modified from the Properties Bar; to visualize both line and shape it's necessary to Divide Artistical Support Group (right button of mouse). The position of the shape with respect of line can be set by teh Distance button in the properties bar; just before you divide the group.
To create your own set of shapes (= Brush Pattern), you have to draw them in the usual way (line, polygons, circles, and so on) and then save them from the Artistical Support Manager (Effects--->Artistical Support).
Hope these (confused) notes can be at least an input to solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back