Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Data To Simply Accounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

chmilz

Programmer
Jan 10, 2001
CA
Hello,

For the past month, I haved helped design a new database system for a local company. The have asked me if it is possible to export Access Table Data into Simply Accounting. Here are some more details: Members of this company reserve plates at monthly dinner meetings. Because the members aren't billed until they arrive at the Dinner Meeting, any members that are no-shows have to be invoiced for the price of their dinner plate. What the company currently does is create individual invoices in Simply Accounting from scratch. What they would like to do is have all the no-shows put into a table, export that data to Simply Accounting and have Simply Accounting automatically generate the invoices with the required data.

Has anyone ever seen or participated in something like this? I wish to know if it is even possible to do, and if it is how its done. If anyone out there knows, I would greatly appreciate the info! Thanks a lot

Chmilz

I do not know Simply Acounting but what you need to know is what kind of information and in what format it needs to be in. Access is highly flexible in the formats you can export data. You should expect a two step process for your users; Export data from Access and import it into Simply Accounting. I still use Access 97 so the statement I have probably has a new ADO equivalent. Check out docmd.transfertext

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back