Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ConsoleOne question (simple)

Status
Not open for further replies.

switchfix

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2002
CA
i was reading through some papers from NOvell about Zenworks and i came across a part which discussed installing ConsoleOne on a NOvell server. Why would i want to install it there? Isnt it better to run it from a client-workstation machine?

If you install ConsoleOne onto the server, then anyone who has rights can run the software. This can then be used by a group of people such as a Support/Admin team. However it is also possible to install the software onto a local workstation, this improves performance when launching and removes the requirement of having a mapped drive to a server, you can simply connect to NDS and then launch ConsoleOne. What I do is install the latest version and snapins onto a NetWare server then copy the diretory structure + files to my local Laptop, that way I know everyone is using the same version and I have an upto date local copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back