Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Console NEC DCK60 - user button setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrixStand

Systems Engineer
Jun 29, 2022
CZ
Greeting
I have a question please.
We want to enjoy the DSS console DCK60 for the first time.
I couldn't find information anywhere on how to program single buttons using the phone to which the console is assigned.
I can do it using web pro and pc pro.

Thank you for your response.

Make sure in 10-03 the port is set to DSS Console. Should do it automatically if the port wasn't previously used by anything.

In 30-02 link the DSS with the extension.

Buttons are programmed in 30-03.

Thank you for this information.
Setting up the console in terms of programming using PCPro or Web Pro is problem-free.
I will try to clarify my question.
Example: I have a DT930 phone and a DCK-60 console connected to it with the console connection cable plugged in and the console is powered by a 24V adapter. The console is correctly assigned to the phone and is generally functional with the phone. But I am only able to program the buttons on the console via PCPro or WebPro item 30-03.
I can't and don't know how to program the buttons using the DT930 phone. the buttons on the phone from the DT930 can be programmed, but I did not find out how to achieve the same for the console using the phone.
In my opinion, the operator or secretary should be able to edit the buttons using their phone. this is the usual way for all other PBX manufacturers.
Thank you for answer.

DSS console buttons cannot be programmed via the telephone, they have to be done via WebPro or PcPro. The 751 and 752 codes from programming buttons on the phone don't work on the DSS.

It is a pain that users cannot easily change them, but you could provide a limited user access profile in WebPro.

Thank you very much for the confirmation.
It helped me a lot to avoid trying to figure this out unnecessarily.
Setup using webpro with user restriction is the solution for me.
It's a real shame that you can't do it by phone, but it can be accepted.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back