Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connection document

Status
Not open for further replies.

bboyce

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2005
US
I'm new to notes so I don't know alot about it but is there a way to make it so that notes automatically knows if your are connected to the work network or your home network. I have a notebook computer that and I want Notes to know which way to connect depending on my location without having to switch it when I login. Hopefully that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense, unfortunately the Location choice is there for a reason : you tell Notes where you are. Notes does not include dynamic location technology.

Pascal.

To make it easy for yourself, please go to File + Preference + User Preference and select Prompt for location on startup under the basic tab. This way when you fire up Lotus Notes Client, you will get a prompt to tell Notes your current location/situation. Notes has no way to know by itself what location or circumstance you are connected with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back