Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Component Services MMC Snap-In?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pAnoNymous

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2008
GB
I did try this question in the server forum and didn't get very far - I hope this is the right place:

--------
I have an annoying problem with the Component Services MMC Snap-In - whenever someone adds a computer connection to another server using that Snap-In becomes really slow (if the server stops being available it's much worse).

If I wait long enough I might get the option to delete that server from the Snap-In but it's hit and miss and I have to do it on so many boxes it's going to take forever. And then when someone else adds another computer I'll be back to the same problem.

So I was wondering if there was any way to edit the Snap-In settings somewhere?

Microsoft seem to recommend reinstalling Component Services which isn't really an option for us and I couldn't find anything in the registry. Where could this setting be?
-------

It does seem that if I drop the network connection then I will be able to remove computers but these computers are on a remote location so that's kind of tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back