Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combobox won't align with text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callan101

MIS
Nov 12, 2002
GB
I'm writing a template with fields that users will fill in. For most kinds of field, just putting text before the field (eg "Enter Name" followed by a text field) is fine, as is using a radio button or checkbox field to give options. If I use a combobox or listbox, though, the preceding text drops down slightly, displaying and printing out of alignment with the field. (the combobox choice prints where you would get a superscript, although the font size is OK). I can watch the text position change as I change the type of field between radio button and combobox.

The only way of getting them to align is to put them in adjacent cells in a table - both then align with the top of the cell and print OK, but as soon as thay are in the same cell the text drops down as if the paragraph spacing was set to 1 1/2 above. I have checked the spacing for the text and the field, along with all the alignment options - it's definitely the combobox that's doing it. (A listbox has the same effect, but no other field types).

Does anyone know of a way round this? I'm using Domino 5.0.12.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back