Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box to Open Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggieval

Programmer
May 23, 2002
US
I am having an issue with a combo box I use to open a form. What is happening is that a user can double click in the combo box to open a form that will edit the table that controls the combo box. Where I am getting an error is when the user has started entering data, but the data is not in the list and then double clicks in the combo box. The forms opens fine, but when it is closed it is supposed to requery the combo box. The error happens because the field is locked (in edit mode) and can't requery.

Is there a way to test if the field is in edit mode and if so, get out of edit mode. I found the info on this property in Access's help, but it was not very helpful.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Tracy

Tracy,

I would change the scheme. Double-clicking in a combo box is an odd thing to do. I would never expect it to have any results (as a user, that is). Howzabout just adding a button next to the combo box that runs your code. That way you won't run into the problem because the user won't be in the combo box when the code is run.

Jeremy =============
Jeremy Wallace
Designing, Developing, and Deploying Access Databases Since 1995

Take a look at the Developers' section of the site for some helpful fundamentals.

That would be the simple solution, but my users like the double-click feature. We also don't have room on the form for another button. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back